Monday, January 30, 2012

My research into swaddling brought me to Wikipedia and this is the first image that caught my eye.  This is a painting depicting a swaddle Jesus in the arms of  Mary. It shows swaddling has been around for ages and as early as the time of Jesus' birth.  In these days of increase knowledge, technology, savy, newborns are still swaddle in hospitals.  Nurses wrap babies in burrito shape rolls for parents to hold right after delivery. While wrapped up the mom gets to hold their newborn in her arms for the first time.

I know there are people who are concern that swaddling might be harmful for kids and they are right to be concerned because swaddling can be harmful if not done correctly. When babies are swaddle parents typically are not actively being watch because babies are put to sleep and parents go to sleep themselves during this time.  Thus, swaddling newborns correctly is vital for baby safety and I'll list the benefits of swaddling in a later post.

If babies have been swaddle for generations, then your baby can be swaddle too.
My new mantra; Swaddle your baby like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment